Attorney Neil M. Kaufman"I Believe In Getting Your Deal Done And Getting It Done Right."
Neil M. Kaufman
Neil M. Kaufman is the managing member of Kaufman McGowan PLLC, Long Island’s Corporate & Securities Law Firm ™ and Corporate & Securities Counsel to the Cannabis Industry™. He is one of the leading corporate cannabis lawyers in New York and the USA and a fixture of the New York and Long Island corporate and securities legal community.
Mr. Kaufman represents emerging growth, middle market and public companies and investment firms in their corporate, securities, financing, borrowing, merger & acquisition and other legal matters. Mr. Kaufman is particularly well known for advising clients with respect to SEC regulation, public offerings, private placements and mergers & acquisitions, as well as all types of commercial contracts. He is a frequent speaker on corporate, securities and cannabis law topics, and is an approved Vistage speaker on mergers & acquisitions.
Mr. Kaufman serves as:
- Member of the Board of Trustees & Chairman of the Audit Committee of iCapital KKR Private Markets Fund, a closed-end private equity mutual fund.
- Member of the Board of Trustees & Chairman of the Audit Committee of Two Roads Shared Trust, a collection of open-end alternative mutual funds.
- Chairman Emeritus of the Long Island Capital Alliance, a not-for-profit organization devoted to assisting emerging growth companies.
- Chairman of the Long Island Chapter of Financial Executives International.
Mr. Kaufman formerly served as:
- Chairman of the Board of a Nasdaq-listed technology company.
- Chairman of the Banking, Corporate & Securities Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Mr. Kaufman received a:
- J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1984, where he was a staff member of the Journal of International Law & Politics.
- B.A. from Binghamton University in 1981 with recognition for outstanding academic performance.
He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
- has been named one of the top cannabis lawyers in the world by the Cannabis Law Report.
- is a 2014-2021 SuperLawyer.
“…Neil assisted with a number of complex negotiations and contracts. He was great at thinking out of the box and finding creative solutions that moved all sides forward. Neil is cost-conscious and consistently delivers excellent work on time.“
Ari Kahn – President and CEO at Bridgeline Digital